Lincoln Invertec STT II Advanced Process Welders
STT® (Surface Tension Transfer®) is a controlled GMAW short circuit transfer process that uses current controls to adjust the heat independent of wire feed speed, resulting in superior arc performance, good penetration, low heat input control, and reduced spatter and fumes.
- Controlled penetration and outstanding heat input control - Ideal for welding joints with open root, gaps, or on thin material with no burnthrough.
- Reduced spatter and fumes - Current is controlled to achieve optimal metal transfer.
- Various shielding gases - STT® may be used with various gas blends including 100% CO2 and Argon or Helium blends.
- Good bead control and faster travel speeds - Can replace TIG (GTAW) in many applications without sacrificing appearance or quality.
- Background and Tailout Current - Accurately control fine and coarse heat input for reduced distortion and burnthrough as well as proper penetration.